The Housing Choice Voucher Specialist position is responsible for a wide range of activities related to determining and documenting applicant and/or eligibility, income, rent and contractual relationships with owners in support of Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) operations. The Housing Choice Voucher Specialist interviews program participants on a weekly basis. The position requires full accountability for assigned case load including accurate and complete files, resolution of cases, and responsiveness to participant and landlord inquires.
The work is performed in an office environment under the immediate oversight of the HCV Manager and Director of Public Housing. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position scheduled Monday through Thursday from 8am to 6pm and located at our corporate office in Clearwater, Florida.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Equivalent combination of experience, education and training may substitute for degree.
- Three years of experience, preferably in an administrative position requiring a high attention to detail.
- Proof of progressive responsibility within an HCV position or similar role preferred.
- Computer proficiency in Windows operating system and MS Office software including Word and Excel.
- Possession of valid Florida Driver’s License.
Necessary Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interface with all audiences.
- Ability to multi-task; change tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Thrive in a high-paced environment.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Flexible with changing priorities.
- Hands-on learner with ability to retain and implement repetitive workflows seamlessly.
- Customer service mindset.
- Knowledge of virtual and paper recordkeeping practices.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently complete mathematical calculations.
- Bi-lingual helpful.